At Mapal Group, you will find a fast-paced, agile and multi-cultural work environment where we move quickly to meet the needs and surpass the expectations of the world’s largest hospitality providers. Our passion for customer service will make us the clear new market leader in hospitality solutions for hotels, pubs, restaurants, and institutions.
We have an exciting project on our hands. Our goal is to make employees happier to improve their motivation and productivity. To achieve this, we have created an incredible platform with tools that range from internal communication to continuous feedback.
We are looking for a Backend Developer, with at least 2 years of professional Ruby on Rails development experience. And if you also have knowledge of front, much better ;)
You will be part of a small development team that started at the same time and is dedicated to a single product. This allows us to do our work efficiently without sacrificing the quality of our code.
- - Regarding technology, in addition to the web part we have a REST API to communicate with our apps.
- - We use Sidekiq + Redis for the queuing system, Rspec for testing, continuous integration, ElasticSearch to improve our searches, and MySQL as the database.
- - Code review by the Technical Leaders, Architechs, and other colleagues.
- - Agile environment working closely with QAs and POs. With daily meetings to study the best way to develop our work and contribute ideas about the code.
- - Learn to use many current technologies: Firebase (push sending), Sidekiq, Redis, Mandrill, Google Places, ElasticSearch, SSO (single sign on), SAP integrations and many others.
- - Familiarize yourself with sprints, Jira, agile methodologies, code refactoring, Service Objects (to deal with complex logic), SOLID, etc.
- - Have the opportunity to extend our a public API that developers from other companies connect to.
- - Develop efficient, beautiful and elegant services for our apps
- - A team with a clear and consistent purpose in what we do, which has resulted a leading pan-European management software group formed by the integration of different technological startups.
- - The atmosphere is really very good, both working and spending other kinds of time together; we offer real agility and flexibility, young team, and on top of that we are nice and friendly people :-)
- - Just watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZzmnrD1EyA
- - Continuous learning. All of us (me, the most) are learning something new every day. If not something entirely new, at least a more efficient way of doing it.
- - Teamwork. We love to get together so that everyone can present their vision and contribute ideas to the development of new product features.
- Mapal Group offers competitive salaries, career advancement opportunities and a unique employee-focused culture.
- Salary depending on experience between 30k - 40k
- Permanent contract.
- International environment
- Training & professional career paths
- Social benefits, Baby Gift, Referral Programs, etc.
- Flexible schedule and remote working.
- Summer schedule.
Our office is in Madrid although it is not necessary that you live here. Yes, it is important that we have the same time difference (at least not much) to be able to hold meetings and code reviews.