BI & Data Engineer responsibilities include:
• Producing code using ETL Tools and SQL code integrations and Data Models
• Upgrading, configuring, and debugging existing systems
• Providing technical support for TechOps department
We are looking for a BI Data Engineer to build integrations and data models using ETL Tools and SQL language. You will create integrations from scratch, configure existing systems and provide internal user support.
In this role, you should be able to write functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects. You should be a team player and excellent communicator. If you are also passionate about the data and integrations design/architecture, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to create the best middleware at hospitality sector.
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable data processes
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Proven experience as a BI Developer
- Familiarity with ETL Tools (Pentaho PDI for example)
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with databases (Sql Server) and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) and no-relational databases (f.e. ElasticSearch)
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Attention to detail
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
In Mapal Group we based our daily performance in several behaviours that guarantees the successful integration and career development of the whole company. We search in every candidate the following competences:
Is about putting our customers at the centre of what we do, and consistently delivering an industry-leading service. We work tirelessly to understand the needs of our customers today, and into the future, to help us build sustainable long-term relationships.
Is about working cooperatively with colleagues, customers and third parties to build strong and effective working relationships. Our relationships are founded on support, trust, respect, and a common purpose. In team settings, we recognise each other’s strengths and support each other.
INNOVATION & CHANGE
Is about challenging the conventional way of doing things; generating new, innovative ideas and solutions, to help us continually improve. We keep up to date with technologies, the market, and trends to ensure we continue to evolve.
Focuses on the development of world-leading expertise, knowledge and skills through continued development, training and the sharing of knowledge and experiences.
Focuses on the way in which we achieve our goals and drive our business. We take ownership of the results that we set out to achieve and formulate robust plans to help us achieve our goals. We review our performance regularly to ensure that we can deliver results for our customers, and our business.
Is about the way in which we communicate with others. We communicate clearly, concisely and with impact to achieve the desired result.
ANALYSIS & PROBLEM SOLVING
Is about analysing problems, opportunities, and information in a logical, structured way to identify and implement practical, creative solutions.
INSPIRING & MOTIVATING OTHERS
Leading and motivating others is about how we work towards a common goal. We acknowledge, that you do not need to be a people manager to be a leader or motivator of others.